HERBAZOLE Gastric Solutions
Formulated to support a healthy stomach: foregut and hindgut health and acid balance, and gastric secretions for optimal gastro- intestinal health.
Formulated to support a healthy appetite and improved feed efficiency for maximum nutritional uptake from feed. Beneficial for “picky” eaters and horses off food. Adds condition and lustrous shine to coat.
BetaVet Ltd for innovative formulae.
Proprietary blend of Lithothamnion red marine algae, Centella asiatica herb, Glycyrrhiza glabra root and Matricaria chamomilla flowers.
Contains vegetable glycerine
- Pony: 20ml twice daily in feed, Maintenance dose 20ml daily
- Horse: 30ml twice daily in feed, Maintenance dose 30ml daily
Give twice daily for two months or as recommended by your veterinarian.
Disclaimer: We recommend product to be used in accordance with Racing Industry Rules including withholding one clear day prior to race day.
For industry rules please consult with your veterinarian.
Store below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
Use only if cap seal is unbroken.
Keep out of reach of children.
Seek veterinary advice if symptoms persist.
For animal treatment.
Factors Shown to Contribute to Equine Gastric Syndromes
- Intense exercise within 4 hours of a meal when acid secretion is at its peak.
- Strenuous exercise causing temporary increases in stress hormones, changes in fluid and electrolyte balance, and a reduction in blood flow to the gut.
- High grain diets; intermittent feeding; periods of fasting.
- Transport, especially over long distances.
- Housing away from home; immaturity/inexperience.
- Frequency of training and racing.
- Temperament and nervous disposition.
A recent veterinarian supervised pilot study showed promising results in horses using the poly herbal formula Herbazole™ to improve overall gut health to help support post treatment with standard prescribed protocols. The study used a proprietary blend of botanical extracts in the maintenance of gastric health using a dose of 30ml twice daily for two months. Horses were scoped prior to the study, midway through and at two months. All horses were in full training. Trainers trialling Herbazole™ felt that it was well received by the horses for palatability and commented that the demeanour of the horses seemed more relaxed. Whilst this pilot study yielded promising results in the support and management of gastric conditions, the greater potential is in supportive post-prescribed treatments for gastric health .There is also potential for conjunctive use with prescribed NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs)where the formulation’s actions support the body to help manage inflammation, support healing via strengthening the mucosal barrier and overall support of the microbiome.